Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Tanworx Self Tan Foam by Monu Skincare





BYE BYE MILK BOTTLES

I don't usually fake tan due to previous dreaded orange experiences thus being the first fake tan product I've tried in over 8 years. As you can see from the before and after image of my legs above (please excuse the bruises), I am naturally pale and using this tan gave me a healthy colour and glow which I actually like. This is a rare occurrence for me due to not suiting a tan. Weird?

The product has a slight red undertone which will give the skin a great bronzed look especially if you're wanting that hot, sun kissed, European tan. There is a hint of colour when it was first applied then he colour will intensity over 3 hours and develop for a maximum of 8 hours. The above is the result of this after applying a thin layer. The colour can be buildable but I do prefer it like this, leaving me an even and streak free result. I find that it lasts a good 5 days with good care and doesn't become uneven when fading.

This is a foam texture making applying the product quick and easy as compared to cream based products as well as quick drying without leaving a residue. I was able to wear clothes once I'm done without staining my clothes or bedding. Like any other fake tan products, it will cling onto the dry patches therefore leaving a patchy result as well as emphasising the dryness. My legs get dry easily so I do need to ensure that they are well exfoliated and moisturised a day before applying.

This product is paraben free meaning that there isn't any preservatives. The pump mechanism makes it easy to control the product amount. There is a biscuit like smell. Not nice yet not disgusting. It isn't strong so if you're sensitive to smell, this won't bother you. I like this product and would start tanning a bit just to add some colour. Don't worry, I haven't left my legs like this.

Have you tried any fake tan products?

27 comments:

  1. I'm always too scared to try any tanning products. It would be just like me to do something wrong and end up looking like a can of orange tango ;)

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper | An Undomestic Goddess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a little colour all year round but especially when the sun is out. I'm not good in direct sun so me and fake tan are best buddies.
    Love Vicky
    http://www.aroundandupsidedown.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looked scary at first but after seeing it on your legs, it's actually very subtle!!! Would love to try it but it's summer now and I'm off to the beach soon! Tan is love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm using a neutrogena tan mist that works really well for me! Although I'm interested in a foam tanner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not a tan fan, I like my pale skin. This looks like a great product though and I am glad that it worked for you. The foam aspect sounds really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried fake tan before, (fear of streaking) but the foam sounds a lot easier to use!

    LIVE . IN . LOVE ✞

    ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer being my pale self because it's a lot easier to 'maintain', personally. I'd be too lazy to upkeep my tan anyway if I started self-tanning, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my white skin, even though the weather here in Asia is burning me to become more tan. =( gig

    ReplyDelete
  9. i dont need to be tan because i dont have pale white skin.. hehehe i have olive skin..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought it will turn you into instant bronze (a lot darker) but it doesn't! It does make your leg look healthier :) I never tan because I'm not dark nor pale. But I do wish to be a little brighter :p
    But it's the first time seeing a pump foam tan. I have only seen either liquid or cream ones.

    GIGLOVE

    ReplyDelete
  11. never tried any fake tan product, and probably never will. in our culture, it's more common to see girls slathering thick SPF50 PA+++ sunscreen instead of using some fake tan products.
    hahaha!
    giglove

    ReplyDelete
  12. have never tried tanning because asians prefer whitening more haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to wear fake tan all the time. Its so much better than risking your health in the sun. I don;t know this brand though. GiG

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha, being naturally dark skinned already, it definitely defeats the purpose of self tanning. if you find something that can whiten me up, will be glad to buy that item asap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My skin is yellowish I don't know if fake tan suits me but ot suits you well ,even though you have pale white skin ,I want your skin ,I prefer skin whitening than fake tan ^^
    Gig love

    ReplyDelete
  16. A good product for you. In Malaysia, I always have a tan skin due to the weather huhuhu
    GIG love unlimitedbeautysecret.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. not a tan fan but looks like a good product, like the application method

    ReplyDelete
  18. It doesnt look so tan on you.. Anyway, great review, tanning is not so popular in malaysia..
    giglove, www.smallnhot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never tried a fake product; I'm not a fan of tan, but here there is plenty of sun and you can take a lot of it.
    xxx
    mari

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I feel weird reading tanning foam or anything to change skin color. I have a natural tan and in my country, everyone is going gaga on getting white skin while white people want tan. It all looks strange to me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow first time I see a tan products but I would prefer to be fair :p

    ReplyDelete
  22. urrgghh i dont quite see the difference on your leg though...i never use fake tan before but not planing too as i love fair skin more!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never use a tan spray because my skin color is always tanned :)
    gig love
    Travel and Fashion Tips

    ReplyDelete
  24. The fan on your hand looks so weird, very dark. I'm mixed race and still like to tan now and then. I like fake bake. I've never heard of Tanworx before, I'll have to check them out.
    GIG LOVE | The Life of Leeshastarr

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh wow! I've never used these type of products before. I looks great to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  26. i have never tried any tanning product may be because i am an asian :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've never tried one of these before but it looks like it worked really well on your skintone. Thanks for sharing! <3 GIGLove

    ReplyDelete

Comments brightens up my day. Leave and comment and I'll reply back. Remember to check back. :).

Feel free to tweet me any questions if you want a quick reply @yuk_lui :) and follow my blog on Bloglovin.