FIRST BB CREAMS, THEN CC CREAMS, AND NOW DD CREAMS?
Yes you read right, DD creams. At this rate it'll be ZZ creams coming very soon then they'll be stuck for more ideas! I have researched it so here it goes.
What is DD cream?Sounds like it is a hybrid of BB and CC creams but more right? DD also stands for Daily Defence.
DD cream stands for Dynamic Do-All, a combination of skincare (primer, brightener, spf, serum and pore minimiser) and makeup (foundation and concealer). Here is what it claims to do:
- Decrease the appearance of fine lines and pores with anti-aging ingredients.
- Balance uneven skin tone.
- Brighten skin.
- Hydrate skin.
- Protect skin with SPF.
- Prime and perfect with buildable coverage.
- Improve skin over time.
Julep is the first company to develop this DD cream which is released next month. You can pre-order it now for $36 (£23). They also have a DD concealer which can also be pre-ordered for $32 (£21). Julep promises to moisturise, primer, perfect and protect.
Details of the Julep DD Cream:
A dynamic do-all makeup that goes beyond BB crème to moisturize, prime, perfect, and protect—both instantly and over time.
Features & Benefits:
- SPF 25 provides daily defense from the sun
- Two patented anti-aging ingredients decrease the appearance of pores and fine lines
- Hibiscus and olive extracts keep skin hydrated
- Lightweight, buildable coverage with an ultra-smoothing finish
- Comes in four shades—light, medium, medium-dark, and dark
Details of the Julep DD Concealer:What do you think of DD creams? Would you try this out? Think I need to change my labels so BB, CC, DD and other XYZ creams can be categorised together.
A multifunctional concealer that disguises and diminishes the appearance of dark circles, discoloration, redness, blemishes, and other skin flaws.
Features & Benefits:
- Brightens and evens skin tone
- Erases minor and major imperfections
- Age-defying antioxidants protect delicate and damage-prone areas
- Light-diffusing powders minimize wrinkles and pores
- Highly concentrated formula
- Comes in three shades—light, medium, and dark